magpiebrain

Sam Newman's site, a Consultant at ThoughtWorks

Using a Dilbert cartoon as an example of why your manager is wrong is not an example of good consultancy skills.

Advertisements

5 Responses to “Note to self”

  1. Lee

    heh. it wouldn’t be the first time I’ve done that!

    which one was it? the one where there is 70% chance of the project mildly suceeding and 30% chance of corporare ruination? 😉

    Reply
  2. Brian Glick

    Already hung that one on my whiteboard at work in the area I reserve for “Pending Projects” (aka Projects We’ll Never Have Time To Get To)

    Reply
  3. Michael Hanisch

    Funny, I’ve actually just printed that one today – as a subtle hint to place near my manager’s desk 🙂

    I’m wondering whether this is considered more appropriate for employees than for consultants, or if dilbert cartoons turn out to be good career-ending devices… 😉

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Basic HTML is allowed. Your email address will not be published.

Subscribe to this comment feed via RSS

%d bloggers like this: