This guide assumes you’ve already installed Eclipse, PyDev, Python and Django. It also assumes you’re using Eclipse 3.2, PyDev 1.2.4, Django 0.95 and Python 2.4.
* Go to Window->Preferences->Preferences->PyDev->Python Interpretter and add the django source file to the PYTHONPATH settings.
* Create a new PyDev pyhon project. Make sure you uncheck the ‘create src folder’ option.
* Create project on the command line using django e.g.
django-admin.py startproject mysite
* In your newly created project directory create a
src directory in it, and move the django generated source files here
* In eclipse, right-click your project and select refresh
* Right-click on the project and select
Properties->PyDev - PYTHONPATH, and add your src folder to the project source settings
That should be it. I still get red underlines on the Django source imports even thought PyDev seems to know about them – to test this is working properly, open up your
urls.py file and
ctrl click on the
patterns call – it should take you to
Now you can go ahead and create your database & super user.
Launching to built-in server
manage.py and hit
F9. This should print out the usage information for the server. To actually start the server, select
Run->Run..., and in the
Arguments tab for
runserver --noreload. The
noreload argument gives you output.
Thanks go to PyDev creator Fabio Zadrozny for his guide which got me going.